This release appeared in the July 6, 2001 issue of Executive Intelligence Review.
Hey, You Liars,
Who Is Lyndon LaRouche, Really?
June 27, 2001 (EIRNS)—The following statement was issued today by Executive Intelligence Review.
On June 14, the Parliament in the state of Victoria, Australia, passed a piece of legislation that would have made Adolf Hitler blush. The alleged purpose of the "Racial and Religious Tolerance Bill" is to protect religious and racial minorities from "vilification;" in fact, its chief sponsors, the Anti-Defamation Commission (ADC) of B'nai B'rith, have publicly and repeatedly stated, that its real purpose is to subject the Australian associates of U.S. 2004 Presidential pre-candidate Lyndon LaRouche, the Citizens Electoral Council (who are based in Victoria), to heavy fines and/or imprisonment.
Despite fierce popular opposition, the draconian bill was rammed through by Australia's anglophile political and financial establishment, which dominates the ADC board, including such ADC board members as former Governors General Sir Zelman Cowen and Sir Ninian Stephen, and former Prime Ministers Malcolm Fraser and Bob Hawke.
The ADC, in league with what is fairly described as Australia's Murdoch press, unleashed a torrent of wild, defamatory attacks on LaRouche, both to help pass the bill, and to attempt to paint LaRouche's associates as fair game for its "anti-racist," police-state sanctions. In light of the fact that the hyperventilated lunacy about LaRouche has been sufficient to launch an entire fleet of hot air balloons, we ask the Australian influentials who sponsored this bill, and the accompanying media diatribes against LaRouche: "Chums, are you really so ignorant, that you do not know the following, virtually all of which has been on the public record for years?"
- On the written record of his forecasts, LaRouche is the world's most successful long-range forecaster of the past 35 years. For instance, the world is now living through his "Ninth Forecast," issued in the June 24, 1994 issue of Executive Intelligence Review: "The presently existing global financial and monetary system will disintegrate during the near term.... That collapse into disintegration is inevitable, because it could not be stopped now by anything but the politically improbably decision by leading governments to put the relevant financial and monetary institutions into bankruptcy reorganization."
Then, in June 1997, LaRouche forecast, "Sometime very soon, between now and the end of the year, possibly in the month of August—more probably, no later than October, but certainly by around the end of the year—this world is going to go through one or two of the greatest shocks, financial shocks of the century."
For those of you with short memories, not only did the "Asia crisis" hit in that year, but, on Oct. 23 1997, the Hong Kong market collapsed by 10.41%, followed by the largest-ever collapse in the New York Stock Exchange on "Black Monday," Oct. 27. Currencies and markets plunged in South and East Asia almost daily for the rest of the year, until even the world's major press began talking of the likelihood of a "global financial meltdown."
From the time of his 1994 "Ninth Forecast" through the "Y2K crisis" and into the present, LaRouche has issued devastating exposés, carried almost weekly in Executive Intelligence Review, of the wild, hyperinflationary pump-priming carried out by Chairman Alan "Greenspin"'s Federal Reserve and related institutions, in a frantic effort to temporarily postpone the bursting of what LaRouche has documented to be the "greatest financial bubble in history," with $400 trillion in global indebtedness compared to only $42 trillion for the entire world's GDP.
- Your beloved International Monetary System is now disintegrating, precisely as LaRouche said it would. Perhaps you have noticed some of the following:
- Led by the meltdown of the "New Economy," over $10 trillion has officially evaporated from world financial exchanges over the last year, as the Bank for International Settlements chronicled in its June 2001 report;
- Record numbers of U.S. firms, in the nation which has been the world's "importer of last resort," are either going bankrupt, or are announcing record losses in 2001, each worse than the last, such as the recent announcement by Nortel, the world's largest maker of telecommunications equipment (which is Canada-based, but has many of production facilities in the United States). Nortel will take a staggering $19.2 billion loss for the second quarter alone, losses which Greenspin's infinite series of rate cuts are powerless to stop;
- The "developing sector debt crisis," as evidenced in such nations as Turkey, Argentina, Brazil, and Indonesia, is now far worse than it ever was, despite hundreds of billions in International Monetary Fund "bailouts" over the last two decades.
- LaRouche was the author of what President Ronald Reagan outlined on March 23, 1983 as the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). LaRouche forecast at the time, that if the Soviet Union turned down the Reagan-LaRouche offer to share the technology, to initiate the greatest scientific and technological boom in history, that the economy of the Soviet Union would collapse within five years. It took six.
- Apart from what is fairly described as the Murdoch press and other relevant lying scoundrels in Australia, LaRouche's only enemies are those dirty elements of the Anglo-American establishment and their lackeys, who includes figures such as Henry A. Kissinger, New York banker John Train, the late CIA counterintelligence chief James J. Angleton, the late AFL-CIO International Department official Jay Lovestone, and George Bush, Sr. The documented record of the last nearly 30 years demonstrates the level of skullduggery and dirty tricks that establishment has used in an attempt to stop LaRouche.
According to their own documents, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation in November 1973 was collaborating with the Communist Party U.S.A. in efforts to "eliminate" LaRouche as a political figure. This FBI/CPUSA collaboration spawned the same defamations now regurgitated by the Murdoch press in Australia. In January-February 1974, the New York Times provided a defamatory shield for the documented FBI/CPUSA efforts to assassinate LaRouche. On Sept. 24, 1976, Lazard Frères' Washington Post made a celebrated policy statement through its editorial page editor, Steven Rosenfeld, to major U.S. media, that they should either defame LaRouche, or not cover him at all.
A new escalation of the "Get LaRouche" effort occurred in 1982, when Henry A. Kissinger personally contacted then-FBI Director William Webster, demanding that actions, "legal and otherwise," be taken to stop LaRouche's burgeoning political influence. Kissinger's request was ultimately channelled by Washington Post attorney Edward Bennett Williams to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (PFIAB) in January 1983. The PFIAB authorized covert actions against LaRouche, under Executive Order 12333, coordinated, at the White House, by the Special Situation Group headed by then-Vice President George Bush, Sr. (This was the same apparatus exposed for running the illegal drug for weapons ring associated with the so-called Iran/Contra affair.)
Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark characterized this "Get LaRouche" effort as "representing a broader range of deliberate cunning and systematic misconduct over a longer period of time, utilizing the power of the federal government, than any other prosecution by the U.S. government in my time or knowledge."
The E.O. 12333 operations involved an international defamation campaign run collaboratively by the U.S. Department of Justice, Department of State, the Washington Post, Associated Press, NBC-TV, the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, and intelligence agencies of the former East Germany and Soviet Union. A part of this was the disreputable Dennis King, on whom the Murdoch press and the ADC in Australia have recently relied. King, a Maoist proponent of legalizing drugs, who initially made a living as a plagiarizer, was picked up by Roy Cohn, a New York organized-crime lawyer who gained prominence as the controller of the notorious Sen. Joe McCarthy. Cohn used King in 1979 to pen a series of libels that were published in a New York City throwaway newspaper, Our Town, published by one of his mob-connected clients. LaRouche was then making his first run for President on the Democratic ticket. King's libels were subsequently repeated in the New York Times, whose reporters had already admitted their intention to defame candidate LaRouche for the purpose of instigating a fraudulent prosecution of him.
For purposes of the 1983 E.O. 12333 drive against LaRouche, Dennis King was again used by the dirtiest elements of the U.S. intelligence community. Detailed evidence submitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and King's own admissions, show that his defamatory tracts against LaRouche were funded totally by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife and the establishment's Smith Richardson Foundation, as part of a plan of defamatory attacks intended to launch a frame-up prosecution. These plans were launched in a series of salons at the New York apartment of financier John Train. (Scaife and Smith Richardson played a similar prominent role in the dirty media and intelligence operations directed at U.S. President Bill Clinton.)
As a result, LaRouche was subjected to two fraudulent trials, the first of which was so blatantly riddled with government misconduct, that it ended in a mistrial. The presiding federal judge accused the U.S. Department of Justice of engaging in "systemic prosecutorial misconduct," and the jury announced they would have voted "not guilty," had the trial proceeded.
Failing in their first attempt to imprison LaRouche, Justice Department officials concocted new charges against him. The second case was tried within three weeks of indictment, a judicial railroad, which was conducted in the U.S. government's favorite venue, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (a.k.a. the "rocket docket"). The thirteen fraud charges in this case were all based upon the U.S. government's fraudulent forced bankruptcy of publishing firms associated with LaRouche, a government gambit which was later ruled by a federal judge to be a "fraud upon the court."
The evidence is clear, that virtually every allegation made in attempted defamation of LaRouche in the Australian press, is the fruit of willfully reckless disregard for readily available facts. Thus, chums of the Australian establishment, you have whacked up a piece of legislation to fraudulently persecute a class of persons. Do you think no one in East or Southeast Asia, or in Oceania, where your flunkeys regularly troop around offering pious advice on "human rights," will notice what you have done? Nor that you—the great democrats!—also passed a bill in late 2000, the Defense Legislation Amendment (Aid to Civilian Authorities) Act 2000, which, for the first time in Australian history, permits your army to shoot unarmed Australian civilians, at will?
Therefore, chums, for the violation of the moral law which you have perpetrated, we recommend that you plead illiteracy, and throw yourselves on the mercy of the court.