`Beast-Men' Cheney, SharonOct. 14, 2003 (EIRNS)—The following release was issued today by the LaRouche in 2004 political committee.
Plan New, Nuclear Mideast Wars
Lyndon LaRouche, one of only two Democratic Party Presidential candidates certified by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) as qualified for Federal matching funds, issued a strong warning on Oct. 14 that the world is facing a major eruption of war in the Near East in the immediate weeks ahead, unless President Bush can be made to intervene forcefully and publicly, to curb Israel's breakaway-ally regime under Ariel Sharon.
LaRouche said that we have reached a strategic danger-point where, unless "Beast-man" Dick Cheney is dumped from the Bush Administration, and "Beast-man" Sharon is stopped, a new Middle East war is virtually certain between now and some point in November, with the possible new, horrific feature of Israeli use of nuclear weapons against targets inside the territory of Iran. Israel is economically and strategically bankrupt, and hopeless. Sharon is losing ground. Under these circumstances, the mad-dog faction in Israel could use nuclear weapons versus Iran.
LaRouche drew attention to the report, published in the Oct. 12, 2003 Los Angeles Times ("Israel Adds Subs to Its Atomic Ability," by Douglas Frantz), that Israel now has deployed submarines, carrying nuclear-armed Harpoon missiles, able to strike Iran and other regional targets.
LaRouche further warned: The U.S. military has no capability for carrying out any further wars, so long as American forces are tied down in Iraq—unless the U.S.A., too, were to resort to the use of nuclear weapons. Thus, if the current, planned Israeli war stunt is not stopped now, we also face the prospect—going into the pre-U.S.A. election Autumn of 2004—of a desperate Cheney-led and chicken-hawk-dominated Bush Administration being tempted to use nuclear weapons against North Korea. At this moment, the neo-conservatives in and around the Bush Administration are pushing for Israel to use nuclear weapons to set the precedent for the later American use of mini-nukes against targets in North Korea. The controllers of this neo-con war-party apparatus need their Sharon asset to do the job, to set off this chain of events.
LaRouche concluded, that an American Presidential crackdown on Sharon is the only near-certain way to stop this Sharon war plan. The danger in the immediate period ahead is that Israel attacks Syria and then Iran, leading to a U.S.A. nuclear attack on North Korea just prior to the 2004 Presidential elections.
Cheney's Steps to War
At the center of this war drive, and the protection of Sharon, is Vice President Dick Cheney, who has recently revived the drive to attack Syria and Iran—through a Sharon-led Israeli "surrogate war." A timeline of recent events highlights Cheney's role in this mad effort to blow up the Near East:
- In early September 2003, David Wurmser, the primary author of "A Clean Break"—the July 1996 scheme to wreck the Oslo Peace Accords, prepared for then-Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—was transferred from the State Department arms control office, where he was special assistant to John Bolton, to the Office of the Vice President, replacing Eric Edelman, who was named to be the new U.S. Ambassador to Turkey. At that point, Cheney revived the targeting of Syria and Lebanon, which had been scotched at the close of the Iraq war in late April, despite feverish efforts at the time by the war party to extend the Iraq war into Syria.
- On Sept. 16, again at Cheney's urging, Bolton was given the green light to testify before a House Foreign Affairs subcommittee, on Syria's role in terrorism and its illegal WMD program. This testimony had been stopped a month prior, when the CIA produced a 38-page document, disputing many of Bolton's charges against Syria. The day after Bolton's testimony, the same subcommittee heard rabid testimony on Syria and Lebanon from Daniel Pipes and Gen. Michel Aoun, former Lebanese Prime Minister (1988-90) and a prop in the Hudson Institute drive for a war against Syria. The Hudson Institute Mideast project is headed by Meyrav Wurmser, wife of David Wurmser, now of Cheney's staff. She also co-authored "A Clean Break," along with Richard Perle, Charles Fairbanks (Paul Wolfowitz's closest friend and disciple), Douglas Feith and others.
- On Oct. 5, Israel bombed sites inside Syrian territory. While the attacks were ostensibly in retaliation for a suicide bombing in Haifa the day before, the Israeli Cabinet had in fact approved the bombing raids into Syria six weeks earlier. Sharon's announcement of the Syria raids used formulations taken verbatim from President Bush's March 20, 2003 announcement of the launching of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
- Oct. 9, the Bush Administration lifted its opposition to the Syria Accountability and Restoration of Lebanese Sovereignty Act—a bill modeled on the Iraq Liberation Act—that would pave the way for sanctions and "regime change" in Syria and Lebanon. The bill is being pushed through Congress on a fast track, delivering an unambiguous message to Sharon that he has a green light from Washington to attack Syria.
- Oct. 12 marked the opening of a five-day conference in Jerusalem, which can only be described as a "gathering of the beasts" to prepare for the new wars, targeting both Syria and Iran. The event is co-sponsored by the U.S.A.-based Christian Zionist front, the National Unity Coalition for Israel (NUCI); the City of Jerusalem; the Israeli Ministry of Tourism; and the Mikhail Chernoy Foundation, a Russian Mafiya front in Israel. Along with the most rabid Israeli "Beast-men"—from Bibi Netanyahu, Rabbi Benny Elon, Effi Eitam, Ehud Olmert, Avigdor Lieberman to Uzi Landau—other featured speakers include Richard Perle, Frank Gaffney, Alan Keyes, Yossef Bodansky, Daniel Pipes and Rev. Mike Evans.
Partner-in-Crime Is Shultz
LaRouche emphasized that Cheney is accountable for the Iraq fiasco. Cheney was the point-man for the war party faction. He is accountable for the fact that the U.S. military is at the breaking point. If President Bush and Secretary of State Powell fail to get 50,000 foreign troops into Iraq before year's end, then the Pentagon will be forced to call up 100,000 more reservists and National Guardsmen for duty in Iraq, to rotate out the existing forces. The military hospitals are overflowing with casualties from the Iraq war. Some eyewitnesses describe it as a situation unseen in the United States since the Civil War. This is the hidden scandal of the ongoing Iraq war, a scandal that is too big to hide.
And Cheney's partner-in-crime, LaRouche concluded, the real "Beast-meister," is George Shultz. He is not only the Godfather of the neo-con team that seized control of the Bush Administration before it even came into office. Shultz is also the man behind the Arnold Schwarzenegger recall election atrocity in California.