Fifty-Point Republican ‘Agenda’ Announced, with Details To Follow
Aug. 25, 2020 (EIRNS)—The Republican Party has announced a fifty-point “Agenda,” which is an outline of the major points that President Donald Trump will be emphasizing in his campaign. Details on each point will be further elaborated, but many represent major policy issues he has frequently highlighted. This is not the official GOP platform. Key points include:
• Economics: create 10 million jobs in 10 months; cut taxes to boost take-home pay; expand opportunity zones;
• Coronavirus: “Eradicate” Covid; develop vaccine by end of 2020; “return to normal” by 2021;
• End our reliance on China: bring back 1 million manufacturing jobs from China; tax credits for companies that bring back jobs from China; no federal contracts for companies that outsource to China; hold China fully accountable for allowing the virus to spread around the world.
• Healthcare: cut prescription drug prices; lower healthcare insurance premiums; cover all pre-existing conditions; protect Social Security and Medicare; create world-class healthcare and services;
• Education: school choice for every child. “Teach American exceptionalism”;
• Law enforcement: defend the police; bring violent extremists like Antifa to justice;
• “Innovate for the future”: launch Space Force, establish permanent manned presence on the Moon and send first manned mission to Mars;
• “Build the world’s greatest infrastructure system”: win the race to 5G, and establish a national high-speed wireless internet;
• Foreign policy: “stop endless wars and bring our troops home; make allies pay their fair share; maintain and expand America’s “unrivaled military strength”; wipe out global terrorists who threaten to harm America.