LAROUCHE WAS RIGHT:
Vice President Cheney Can Be
Removed from Office Now!
July 8, 2003 (EIRNS)The following bulletin was released today by the LaRouche in 2004 political campaign committee.
In his webcast of July 2, Democratic Presidential pre-candidate Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr. made it clear, once again, that the only effective way to stop the Chickenhawk drive to expand the war against Iraq into Iran, and elsewhere, is to target Vice President Dick Cheney, for his impeachable crimes, including lying to the President about intelligence.
"The reason we went to a war in Iraq, was because the Democratic Party was neutralized, by the belief, that Cheney had the evidence, that Iraq was getting nuclear weapons. Cheney knew there were no such nuclear weapons. Cheney knew the story about Niger 'yellow cake' going to Iraq was a fraud. And yet, with that knowledge, he pushed that argument, in order to convince the Congress to subside, and to allow the war to go ahead."
Yet, now that the "intelligence" about Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq appears to be a fraud, those Democrats who are upset are not targetting Cheney, but going after President Bush. LaRouche's rivals for the Democratic Presidential nomination are acting like fools who are not in the real world. Senator Kerry, as LaRouche pointed out in his webcast, is carrying out a shameful, Hamlet-like evasion, by targetting the President, instead of Cheney, on whom he had the goods. The same for Howard "Who?" Dean.
President Bush can't be impeached, LaRouche said, but Cheney can. "You can't impeach this President! You can't convict him of intent! He's not smart enough to know what his intent is! You want to stop the war? Get Cheney out! Any serious person knows that."
LaRouche is the only candidate for the Democratic nomination who is serious and has been dealing with the real worldand now, LaRouche's targetting of Cheney as the key culprit, is producing results. A "smoking gun" has appeared. Note the following crucial media coverage:
July 6, 2003: Former U.S. Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV appeared on NBC-TV's "Meet the Press," and had interviews published in the New York Post and Washington Post, and an op ed in the New York Times, in which he disclosed that he had been the senior diplomat sent to Africa, to check on the story of Iraq's alleged attempt to purchase uranium "yellow cake" from Niger, and that he had not only reported that he had found no basis for the story, but was certain that his results were reported to Vice President Dick Cheney.
According to his own account, Wilson went to Niger in February 2002, at the request of the CIA, which told him that Vice President Dick Cheney's office had questions about a particular intelligence report. Wilson reports he spent approximately 10 days in Niger, and determined that "it was highly doubtful" that a transaction of Niger selling uranium to Iraq, had ever taken place. He briefed the U.S. Ambassador, and, once he arrived back in Washington, provided his evaluation to the CIA and the State Department African Affairs Bureau. "There should be at least four documents in United States government archives confirming my mission," Ambassador Wilson writes.
This was March 2002, after which the debunked report appears in the British government's September dossier, President Bush's State of the Union address, and, less directly, a "Meet the Press" interview by Vice President Dick Cheney.
Questioned by reporters, Ambassador Wilson says he considers it "inconceivable" that Vice President Cheney, who had originated the question, was not briefed on the results of his trip. "Someone in the Vice President's office had to know," he told CNN July 7. "If they'll lie about things like this, there's no telling what else they'll lie about," Wilson is quoted in the July 6 New York Post.
- July 8, 2003The Los Angeles Times publishes a commentary by Robert Scheer, who writes about the Wilson revelation under the title "A Diplomat's Undiplomatic Truth: They Lied." Scheer begins his article:
"They may have finally found the smoking gun that nails the culprit responsible for the Iraq war. Unforutnately, the incriminating evidence wasn't left in one of Saddam Hussein's palaces but rather in Vice President Dick Cheney's office."
Those who have had the good sense to follow LaRouche, know that he identified the crucial role of Cheney in manipulating the war against Iraq, and called for his resignation, at least as early as September 2002. While a full record of LaRouche's campaign against the Chickenhawks appears on his website, www.larouchein2004.com, the following highlights are crucial:
- On September 20, 2002 LaRouche issued a statement called "Iraq Is a Fuse, but Cheney Built the Bomb," in which he identified the "Cheney doctrine of 1990," a doctrine demanding a U.S. world empire, as the real source of the just-issued policy of preemptive war, contained in "The National Security strategy of the United States." LaRouche concluded that statement as follows:
"In summary, Vice President Dick Cheney's recurring wet dreams of a U.S. worldwide Roman Empire are, in and of themselves, the world's greatest single threat to the continuation of civilization in any part of this planet today. These facts demand that Cheney's prompt resignation be sought, and accepted."
- October 2002LaRouche's call for Cheney to resign is aired frequently on Washington, D.C. radio, in political ads taken out by an associate.
- On March 25, 2003 LaRouche issued a statement entitled "War, Hitler and Cheney," in which he charged the following:
"The pivotal feature of that warfare, into which an already bankrupt United States has just been plunged, is the de facto usurpation of the function of a still-sitting President by Halliburton's Vice President Cheney, and by a gang of his organized-crime-linked lackeys polluting not only the Departments of Defense and State; but also polluting, and virtually castrating elected and other leaders of the nominal opposition, the Democratic Party.
"Whatever wrong the under-qualified President Bush has done, he remains the poor patsy from whom the pack of Cheney-Rumsfeld lackeys have managed to gain almost anything they wished, so far. However, this would not have been possible had the Democratic Party itself not fallen under the top-down control of the same behind-the-scenes forces which control Dick 'Lady Macbeth' Cheney."
- On April 9, 2003, LaRouche's campaign issued a mass pamphlet entitled "The Children of Satan: The 'Ignoble Liars' Behind Bush's No-Exit War," (download PDF version) to mobilize Americans against the Cheney-Rumsfeld-Strauss cabal, which, the pamphlet documents, actually instigated the war. Some 800,000 of these pamphlets are now in circulation, and have caused major reverberations from Washington, to New York City, to London and Zurich.
- On June 7, LaRouche's campaign issued a statement entitled "LaRouche Says Charges Against Cheney Constitute Grounds for Impeachment," in which the charges of Cheney's role in the Niger "yellow cake" story are aired, and the candidate is quoted saying "Let there be no mistake about it. The nature of these charges constitute hard grounds for impeachment. The question has to be taken head on. It is time for Dick Cheney to come clean. I want to know exactly what Dick Cheney knew and when he knew it. The charges are grave and specific and leave no wiggle room. Determining who knew what and when is, at this time, an urgent matter of national security."
One month after that statement, the momentum is finally building. But the other Democratic Presidential candidates are still silent. Is there really any question as to who is the only Democrat qualified to be President of the United States?